As expected, the numbers turning up for the demonstration were not large, with the group numbering circa 30 demonstrators, most of whom were men. If we assume that the burqa-clad figures were female, then five women appear to have been present. A small police presence was in evidence and a dishevelled trio from the Socialist Workers’ Party also turned up to show their ‘solidarity’ with Ummah Rise (although I’m sure that the latter would gladly have these SWP members stoned if they were ever in a position to implement Shariah). There were no counter-demonstrators from the WDL or any other organisation.
The messages displayed and broadcast by the demonstrators were the standard fare of Islamists across Europe. They came well provisioned with posters and banners upon which the following slogans were emblazoned:
· Belgium go to HellThese splenetic slogans were accompanied by ill-tempered energetic ranting and chanting of Allahu akbar and the Shahada. One chant was “UK watch your backs!” which one assumes means that we are being threatened with violence. Another, which was enthusiastically belted out, was “Shariah for UK!” The ranter in chief yelled out “We’ve had enough of the crusades in Muslim lands!” and sundry other bits and pieces claiming that our troops are committing massacres and raping their way through the populations of Afghanistan and Iraq.
· France go to Hell
· The hour will not be established until a group of Muslims conquer Rome
· Niqab today, Quran tomorrow
· Hands off Muslims
· Islam is the answer. Democracy is the cancer
· Democracy = Hypocrisy
· Shariah 4 Europe
· European Union Satanic Union
· Man-made law go to Hell
Such statements will doubtless be grist to the mill of the Islamists’ leftist apologists who will claim that all of this ‘radicalism’ is merely a by-product of our “aggressive foreign policy”. Of course, it is nothing of the sort, and the demonstrators made this amply clear in their slogans, their speeches and their mode of dress. Quite simply, they believe that Islam is superior to all other systems of belief and should be advanced via any means necessary, including violence. The small band of protesters which comprised Ummah Rise were not there to campaign for their rights in the UK and the EU more widely, but to declare their belief that the UK, the EU and the world should submit to Shariah and a global caliphate. As one of their own banners clearly stated “Democracy = Hypocrisy”, and in exercising their right to demonstrate yesterday, they revealed their hypocrisy in using democracy to call for the latter’s destruction.